I am a true garden lover! If you don't believe me, check out my Pinterest board and follow me there and I plan and dream up my future garden. The love for gardening was passed down from my mother who has the ultimate green thumb! Over the years, I sat back and watched as my mother transformed our little backyard into the most lushes green garden.
I always wonder why she spent so much time shaping and planting so many different plants when it was already perfect in my eyes. She was planting and building her garden as therapy. This realization only came to me in my older years when I started to understand therapy. Today, as the title says, I'm going to be listing off five ways gardening can help you de-stress, and boy I know we could all use some de-stressing.
1. You have something to look forward to each spring and summer
2. You can leave your frustration in the garden
3. You can create a zen garden
4. Spend the morning in the garden, no phone, no laptop just you and nature
5. Pick some plants to cultivate with children